1. Purchase a Treasure Hunt for your state (click the link to the left then click on a state on the map or scroll through list)
TIP: You can have a "pack" of your own treasure hunters* on one ticket - only one person needs to sign up for your pack!
*(Gru signs only one check for the treasure - to the person that signs up - so your team will need to determine how it is shared)
2. Once each individual state is sold out (1,000 people have signed up) – an email will be sent with the date the hunt will take place
3. The week the hunt begins in your state you will get a reminder email with further instructions on where to go to see the clue for your treasure hunt - it will also appear in the Hunters Only tab when you sign in with your user name and password.
4. Each hunt will begin on a Saturday – clue will be delivered at 10 am local time
5. Solve the clue, find the treasure, and YOU WIN**!
6. Treasure is a small dog tag with ‘Gru’s Treasure’ on one side and special “treasure number” and ‘phone number’ on the other.
NOTE: (Gru's dog tag will be accessible for all ages to get to, could be buried shallow, hanging or attached to things. All locations will be accessible 24 hours - never on private property or 9-5 businesses and properties)
7. **Once you have called in and validated the treasure you will receive a $5,000 by Cashier’s Check; sent to the winner via USPS or equivalent.
8. If the Treasure is not found by Sunday morning - at 10 am a new clue will be provided to the team - same for each day until the Treasure is found